Holding an event will raise awareness of your project among local people. Here are some examples of the events you can hold:
- Arrange a launch event for your project to let the local community and press know what you will be doing.
- Hold an open day to involve people in your project.
- Celebrate the completion of you project, for example, building refurbishment, new facilities, the end of programme activities.
Working with the media
Using press, TV and radio are effective ways of promoting your project. For more information, read our guide for grant holders, Promoting your project (PDF, 348KB). If your project is in Wales please refer to the bilingual version You can download a photo consent form and press release templates at the bottom of this page.
Online and social media
If you don’t have a website already, you could try setting up a basic site, such as a blog. www.wordpress.com uses a template that lets you easily create a simple website and they have lots of guides to help you.
Social media refers to the ways that people publish and share information online and below are some ways you can do this.
- Join a social networking website such as Facebook or Twitter to share information and publicise your project. Make sure you use #biglf on twitter and like our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/BigLotteryFund
- Upload photographs to photo sharing sites such as Flickr. Make sure you have the necessary copyright from the photographer and consent from the people in the photos.