We’re in the process of updating our systems and are experiencing some delays in the assessment of new applications.
Turnaround times are likely to be longer than stated.
If this impacts on the delivery of your project please contact us
Awards for All gives groups a quick and easy way to get small Lottery grants of between £500 and £10,000. You can apply at any time and you will normally hear our decision in three months.
Full details on how to apply are contained in the guidance notes. The guidance notes and application form can be downloaded from this webpage (see ‘related documents’ below).
For enquiries relating to Awards for All Northern Ireland contact:
Big Lottery Fund
1 Cromac Quay
Phone: 028 9055 1455
Fax: 028 9055 1445
Textphone: 028 9055 1431
Open hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
You can apply for funding for a wide range of community based projects that involve people in charitable, health, education and environmental related activities.
We want our money to make a difference by helping people to:
participate in their communities to bring about positive change
develop their skills and widen their experiences
work towards better and safer communities
improve their physical and mental health and well being.
We hope these projects will improve people’s lives and will strengthen community activity.
You can apply if you are a voluntary or community organisation, or a statutory organisation. You do not need to be a registered charity to apply
You can apply for funding for activities including:
- developing an existing service in your area, such as a playgroup, lunch club or information centre
- helping more people to play a fuller part in local life, for example, producing a community newsletter, talking newspapers for people who are blind or visually impaired, mobility schemes or respite services
- helping your neighbourhood organisation to set up a new service in your community
- small improvements to premises that you own or lease
- developing skills for volunteers and committee members
- creating a wildlife garden
- startup costs for a community composting scheme
- encouraging activities to promote healthier lives and good mental health such as keep fit classes for older people.
We welcome applications for projects combining a range of community activities. We will give priority to applications which increase opportunities for volunteering or build community capacity. We will also give priority to projects with activities that are new or develop what you do now and to those projects which have not previously received funding from Awards for All.
Make sure you read the programme details carefully, as we have very clear criteria as to what we will and won’t fund.
You can type directly into the electronic application form, but, you must save the form to your own computer first, and you must have the latest version of Adobe Reader installed to be able to save your answers.