We award National Lottery money to community projects that improve people's lives. We support projects that give young people the ability to cope with challenges in their lives through our Empowering Young People programme.
We want young people to be actively involved in these projects, and in how we run the programme and make decisions. That’s why we need your help.
How can I help?
We need four volunteers aged between 16 and 25 to help with our Empowering Young People programme. We want you to:
- help us understand the views of young people
- get involved in deciding which projects receive National Lottery funding
- help promote the programme and the groups we fund.
We are looking for you to do about 10 days of voluntary work for us in a year. Our office is in Belfast, but we are looking for young people from anywhere in Northern Ireland. We will compensate you for your time and pay the travel costs for you to attend meetings.
You’ll get a chance to help other young people through the projects we fund, meet new people and see how our funding is making a difference. You’ll gain new skills and experience and understand more about funding and community organisations. We will support you to help you build the skills you need.
Find out more about our current young people’s group and what they have done so far.
What experience do I need?
- You’ll have dealt with challenges in your life, and can use your experiences to help others.
- You’re a good communicator: you say what you think, listen to others and are not afraid to ask questions.
- You can take in information and use it to make decisions.
- You understand the importance of confidentiality.
- You’re able to work as part of a team.
How do I apply?
- Fill in the online application form: Young People Group application 2017 by 4pm on Monday 7 August 2017. Keep it short and just be yourself!
- We will select a number of young people to invite to a recruitment day in Belfast on Wednesday 23 August.
- The recruitment day will have group activities to get people involved in teamwork and to help us to get to know you better.
- After the recruitment day we will select four young people to join the group. The rest of the names will be kept on a reserve list for a year.
If you need to get in touch with us, or have difficulty using this form please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Roisin on 028 90551455.