Funding to provide legal advice and support to those most in need
- Funding size:
- £10,000 - £500,000
- Total available:
- £50 million between 2006 and 2009 (£20 million in round 2)
- Application deadline:
- This programme is now closed
This programme is now closed for applications.
Use the Funding finder to search for open funding programmes that your project may be eligible to apply for.
Advice Plus aims to help people in need to access good quality advice on their legal rights and responsibilities, so they can avoid or overcome disadvantage.
In Round One we awarded £30 million to 71 advice agencies across England. Round Two had a budget of £20 million across the nine England regions. It funded third sector legal advice services that collaborated with other advice services in their local area. Advice Plus only funded projects focusing on legal rights and responsibilities.
Funded projects had to deliver the following outcomes:
- Provide people in greatest need with better access to legal advice services, to help them avoid or overcome disadvantage and improve their lives.
- Provide people in greatest need with timely, accurate and effective legal advice that is quality assured and joined up with other services, equipping them to deal with their problems and improve their lives.
- Help people in greatest need to avoid disadvantage by making them aware of the most commonly encountered legal problems.
Funding was only open to groups who were eligible to apply and could answer YES to ALL these questions:
- Are you a voluntary and community sector organisation?
- Do you have an idea for a project that will improve people’s access to legal advice on their rights and responsibilities?
- Does your project involve working in partnership with all or most of the voluntary and community organisations that deliver legal advice services in your area, as well as other relevant statutory and commercial advice organisations?
- Can you explain the need for the project in detail and who will benefit from it?
- Do you need between £10,000 and £500,000 for a project lasting from one to five years?
- Will your project raise the quality of legal advice services?
- Can you sustain the benefits of the project when our funding ends?