Young People's Fund 2: Local Grants
Supporting projects across England where young people lead from start to finish
- Funding size:
- £10,000 - £500,000
- Total available:
- up to £38 million
- Application deadline:
- This programme is now closed
This programme is now closed
Up to £38 million is available to support projects across England where young people lead from start to finish, and we want to fund projects where young people are fully involved and improvements are made to young people’s services.
The programme is focussed on changing the lives of young people aged 10–18, and we’ll also support projects working with young people up to the age of 25 if they are finding the change to independent living difficult.
We also want to support work to increase understanding of young people’s needs and create further opportunities for involvement in things that affect young people’s lives. The programme has two aims:
- to ensure that all organisations that provide services to young people, involve them in developing, running and reviewing policies and services
- to help achieve the five Every Child Matters outcomes.
Every Child Matters is the government’s approach to improving children and young people’s lives in England. A range of organisations are working with the government to achieve this and BIG wants to support this work. Successful projects will build on the Every Child Matters outcomes so that young people have opportunities to:
- be healthy
- stay safe
- have improved economic well-being
- make a positive contribution
- enjoy and achieve in life.