Improving Community Buildings
A one-off refurbishment and modernisation programme to increase the use of community venues
- Northern Ireland
- Funding size:
- £25,000 - £50,000
- Total available:
- £5 million, approximately 100 grants
- Application deadline:
- This programme is now closed
Improving Community Buildings closed for applications on 24th May 2007. It was a one-off capital refurbishment and modernisation programme to increase the use of community venues across Northern Ireland.
We want to fund projects that aim to achieve both of the following programme outcomes:
- people can actively participate in their communities to bring about positive change
- community ownership of better and safer rural and urban environments.
Projects must also meet either one, or both, of our underlying principles:
- addressing disadvantage and promoting tolerance and social inclusion
- contributing to the reduction of poverty.
In addition, all projects must meet all of the following four priorities in the Big Lottery Fund Northern Ireland Framework:
- build community capacity
- increase opportunity for volunteering and engagement within and between communities
- improve community facilities, access and services
- increase community involvement in protecting, restoring and sustaining the urban and rural environment.
Who will the programme benefit?
Projects wishing to refurbish or modernise their community venues in order to increase the level of community use and enhance the quality of services provided.