Better By Design
Supporting organisations to redesign the way they work
- Application deadline:
- See programme details
Better By Design is BIG Scotland’s way of offering free, intensive, expert and bespoke support for organisations that want to take part in service redesign of their work.
Better By Design could be for you if:
- You have an appetite for looking at how you work, why you do what you do and what difference you make,
- You want to change the way you work to intervene earlier rather than picking up the pieces when things go wrong,
- You want to make better use of the skills and talents that your people have, or
- You believe the next two years will see both challenges and opportunities for your organisation.
BIG believes that organisations that think this way can be at the leading edge of Scotland’s third sector. Through Better By Design we will work with up to 15 organisations to support them to achieve more.
Service design means planning and organising people, infrastructure, communication and components of a service to improve it and make it more driven by the needs of its users.
Service design can help change an existing service or create new services. It can support you to make changes not just to your services but to your organisation as a whole.
It is not a quick fix and organisations must be fully committed to the process in order to realise the full benefits.
We are looking for up to 15 organisations across the third sector in Scotland. To be a part of Better By Design you must be:
- a third sector organisation working to deliver services on the ground with people or communities in Scotland
- able to demonstrate a commitment to change
- working in a sector where a shift to intervening earlier or preventing needs emerging could make a real difference (we are particularly interested in working with those organisations in social care, employability, health and housing)
- an organisation with an annual turnover in the region of £350,000 to £5 million.
Better By Design is BIG Scotland’s way of offering free, intensive, expert and bespoke support, from Taylor Haig and the Young Foundation, experts in organisational change and business planning, for organisations that want to take part in service redesign of their work.
It is not a funding programme. We are looking for organisations to apply to take part in a supported process valued at more than £50,000 to each organisation that takes part.
Through Better By Design BIG is offering to be with you on a two-year journey; to help with the hard parts and to champion your successes. We know taking part will mean commitment for any organisation so as well as our offer of extra bespoke support for service redesign you will also be able to apply for grants of up to £10,000 at the right times to help give your organisation capacity to make the most of the process.