Getting Ahead Round 2
- Funding size:
- more than £1,000,000
- Total available:
- one grant of up to £10 million
- Application deadline:
- This programme is closed for applications.
This programme is closed for applications.
Getting Ahead is funded by money that has been dormant in bank and building society accounts across the UK for 15 years or more. How we spend this money in Wales has been decided by the Welsh Government, which has issued us with policy directions outlining its priorities for supporting children and young people. The Big Lottery Fund has worked closely with the Welsh Government to develop this programme.
The programme hopes to engage, prepare and motivate young people aged 16–25 who have a learning disability and/or learning difficulty including Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) into undertaking a paid work placement lasting between 6-12 months in order to enhance their chances of progressing into sustainable employment by increasing their employability skills.
It will target young people:
- aged 16 to 25
- not in education, employment or training (NEET), or in danger of becoming NEET (for example those approaching the end of school or Further Education, as that is a critical time of transition in young peoples’ lives)
- who have a learning disability and/or a learning difficulty including Autistic Spectrum Disorder and for whom long-term employment is a realistic option but will require intensive support to achieve this.
What are we looking for?
The project we fund must achieve all four of the following outcomes:
- 16 to 25 year olds with a learning disability and/or learning difficulty, including ASD are engaged in paid work placements and develop their employability skills
- Organisations working in partnership provide supported employment opportunities to young people
- Learning from the programme is used to inform the development of future policy in youth employment and skills
- Understanding, awareness and knowledge of the needs of young people with a learning disability and/or learning difficulty is improved in the work place.