People and Places committee
How would you spend National Lottery money to improve the lives of people and communities most in need in Wales?
Every year the Big Lottery Fund distributes millions of pounds of money raised by the National Lottery to community groups and charitable projects across the UK.
The People and Places grant programme aims to enable people to work together for strong communities, social justice and better rural and urban environments in Wales.
We’re seeking two individuals to join a like-minded group of people deciding how National Lottery money is spent to strengthen communities in Wales.
To ensure our committee reflects the rich diversity of Wales, we’re encouraging application from:
- people living in north Wales, north Ceredigion and north Powys;
- people from the Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic or refugee communities;
- people with disabilities;
- young people (i.e. under 35).
We don’t expect you to have any past experience of being on a committee or making funding decisions. We will provide training and support and mentoring will be provided by our existing Committee members. However, you will need to be:
- Passionate about seeing people’s lives improved
- Committed and motivated
- Happy to voice your opinion in a constructive way
- Comfortable raising questions.
Find out here how you can be involved in improving people’s lives by building strong and vibrant communities.