Support and Connect
Grants of between £10,000 and £350,000 to improve local support for people experiencing hardship.
- Funding size:
- £10,000 - £350,000
- Application deadline:
- 06/09/2013 12:00:00
Application deadlines: 10 May and 6 September 2013
Support and Connect is part of the Investing in Communities portfolio. It is a £10 million fund which aims to improve the support available locally for people experiencing hardship and material need.
Support and Connect will support the following types of projects:
- welfare advice
- financial skills training and services
- action to address food poverty
- provision of clothing and household goods
- action to address fuel poverty.
Activities funded under Support and Connect should be completed by 31 March 2015.
All applications must demonstrate how their activity will bring about the following outcomes:
- Organisations helping those in hardship are better connected to each other so they can offer more effective support.
- People in hardship have better access to services that can help them.
We welcome applications from a wide range of organisations including:
- voluntary and community organisations
- local authorities
- housing associations
- citizens advice bureaux.
Partnerships can apply however one organisation needs to be designated as the lead applicant.
We can provide grants of between £10,000 and £350,000 and can fund up to 100% of costs.
You can apply for costs such as staff, training, equipment, premises running costs, evaluation, and overheads. We can also fund capital costs such as minor refurbishment of premises (less than £50,000).