Supporting new projects that test new ways of tackling emerging and existing social problems
- Funding size:
- £20,000 - £1 Million
- Total available:
- Up to £5 million
- Application deadline:
- This programme is now closed
Round 1, 2 and 3 are now closed.
BIG Innovation is specifically about supporting new projects that test new ways of tackling emerging and existing social problems. The programme will award grants of between £20,000 and £1 million for projects running up to five years.
Projects must look to achieve both of the following outcomes:
- New solutions are delivered which better address emerging and entrenched social problems
- Learning from innovative approaches is used to inform wider policy and practice.
We can make grants to the voluntary, community, public and private sectors but we will not support activities that contribute directly to a private organisation’s profits or give grants to individuals. At least 75 per cent of the beneficiaries must live in Wales.
We want to fund projects whose ideas are ‘new’ and haven’t been tried anywhere else in the UK.
By Innovation, we mean projects that:
- create new kinds of activity and service to tackle new or emerging social needs
- create new ways of addressing a current social problem.